EASY-TO-FOLLOW APPROACH TO FIX PRINTING ISSUES
– A printer can function for several years but they can also malfunction or completely stop working. Here is how you to effectively resolve most common problems with regard to printers and printing as a whole.
– The most common reason for printer’s problem is overuse or underused. When inkjet printers are not used for a long period of time, it can lead to dried-up ink problem. The dried ink blocks the nozzles. Another reason is that when some small items like paper clips or tissues, even food crumbs fall into the printer that causes paper jams.
– When your printer fails to print, start checking to see if there is an error message. Do not forget to put paper in its tray. Also, check the toner of cartridges if they are not empty, and if the USB cable is properly plugged in.
– Check if you selected the correct printer. Open the Control Panel, Devices and Printers, then right-click the printer icon and Troubleshoot.
– If you are printing from an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, the printer should be supported by AirPrint and should have Wi-Fi. Take note that some older models do not support it. You can turn an AirPrint printer using Handy Print if you have a Mac. You can also use Google Cloud Print if you want to print from any Android phone or tablet.
– Maybe you need to replace cartridges.
A new cartridge should be available as soon as a message to replace cartridge appears. However, do not install them when the printer is still printing or the colors are not yet faded.
– Printing a photo or document
Sometimes it is big to fit on the page. You will find a shrink-to-fit option in the printer setting. In some web pages, you can find a print button within the web page. Utilize that instead of print menu in the browser.
– To print Excel sheet or other office documents
Be sure to select the cells you need to print. When it comes to printing a Word document, you have to specify which page or pages. Choose the correct option to make sure it fits well on the correct paper size.
– For Photos and pictures
You will get to choose the size of the photos and pictures you want to print by right clicking them in
Window Explorer and click Print. When it comes to multiple photos in a folder, select all of them and then right-click and choose Print.